First off I would like to start out this review by wishing everyone a Happy 2010. Next item of business, the review of Sherlock Holmes. I've been wanting to see this since I first heard wind of it coming around. Not because I actually follow the doings of Mr. Holmes but I have really enjoyed Robert Downey Jr's work lately. Now I've never actually seen the other Sherlock Holmes movies of the prior years but I really think that this was the best of them all. I loved how after or right before an event would happen Sherlock would play it through and show the details of the situation. In this movie Sherlock and Watson(Jude Law) have put Lord Blackwood in jail, for practicing the dark arts. He is then set to be hung. This was supposed to be the last case the two of them did together. So when Blackwood asked to see Sherlock before his hanging, he informs that more deaths will come as a result of his hanging, and there is nothing Sherlock can do to stop it. So after Blackwood is pronounced dead by Watson he is buried in a huge tomb, which later become rubbish as he rises from the dead. Then Sherlock and Watson are on the hunt together again to figure out what actually happened. Irene Adler(Rachel McAdams), the love interest of Mr Holmes and the only person that has ever tricked him, comes back to him for help as well. She was constantly changing sides so you never knew which one she was really trying to help or deceive. I'm giving this movie 4 stars. I was a little long but not so much that it caused me to dislike the movie. Go see it!
Friday, January 1, 2010
The Cheese Review
First off I would like to start out this review by wishing everyone a Happy 2010. Next item of business, the review of Sherlock Holmes. I've been wanting to see this since I first heard wind of it coming around. Not because I actually follow the doings of Mr. Holmes but I have really enjoyed Robert Downey Jr's work lately. Now I've never actually seen the other Sherlock Holmes movies of the prior years but I really think that this was the best of them all. I loved how after or right before an event would happen Sherlock would play it through and show the details of the situation. In this movie Sherlock and Watson(Jude Law) have put Lord Blackwood in jail, for practicing the dark arts. He is then set to be hung. This was supposed to be the last case the two of them did together. So when Blackwood asked to see Sherlock before his hanging, he informs that more deaths will come as a result of his hanging, and there is nothing Sherlock can do to stop it. So after Blackwood is pronounced dead by Watson he is buried in a huge tomb, which later become rubbish as he rises from the dead. Then Sherlock and Watson are on the hunt together again to figure out what actually happened. Irene Adler(Rachel McAdams), the love interest of Mr Holmes and the only person that has ever tricked him, comes back to him for help as well. She was constantly changing sides so you never knew which one she was really trying to help or deceive. I'm giving this movie 4 stars. I was a little long but not so much that it caused me to dislike the movie. Go see it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment