Saturday, January 23, 2010

The Cheese Review


Today I saw The Lovely Bones. I did want to see this, I'm not sure why because murders of children give me the heebie jeebies. My mom had read the book and really wanted to go, so I told her that I would go if she paid. So free movies are always the best right? Eh. The movie was well made but there were a couple of parts that felt like they dragged on. Director Peter Jackson must have thought that those watching wouldn't understand what was going on so he kept on going. The Lovely Bones is about Susie Salmon(like the fish), a girl who is murdered when she is 14 by someone in her neighborhood. Instead of going to heaven she is stuck in the "inbetween." She is trying to help her family figure out who killed her. Because of all the grief her family breaks down and the police have stop looking long before Susie's dad is. I'm going to give this movie 2.5 stars. I don't know if it was the dragging on, how depressed I felt afterward or because I was extremely tired. But I don't know that I could watch this movie again. My mom really enjoyed it but she read the book and said that it did a pretty good job of staying true to the book. If you don't want to be in a bummer mood for the rest of the day I wouldn't go see The Lovely Bones.

No comments: