I'm starting to get back in the swing of things and finding time to go the movies. I've tried to find a list of the must see movies for 2010, but no luck. That doesn't mean I'll stop looking either. As for the first movie of the new year I went to see The Imaginarium of Dr Parnassus. For those who haven't heard of this. It is the movie that was being filmed while Heath Ledger died. So Johnny Depp, Jude Law and Collin Ferrel came in to help the movie get finished. There hasn't been hardly any promotion for it, so I've had the keep my eyes out for the KSL movie review to see when it would be coming to Utah county.
I enjoyed TIDP it was a movie that you haven't seen before and you weren't quite sure what was going to happen. It did take a little bit to get into the story and what Dr Parnassus does, and why he does it. He was once a monk that lived a life of telling a story. Then he made a deal with the "devil" that he could be immortal on the terms that if he were ever to have a child that he must give the to the devil when they turned 16. He never thought it would be an issue since he was an older man, but the more he lived on the more deals he made. He became youthful again and had a daughter with a beautiful women who died giving birth. So now he is on the road making money by letting people go into their own imaginations and making a decision that either leads to happiness or death. When Heath's character Tony comes along they have found him hanging and save him from death. That is where all of their lives are going to take a turn. Now I go into a movie with an open mind and planning on enjoying it. I really did enjoy this one, it shows what some are capable of with their imagination and that we all need to keep our minds open so that we can learn who people really are. It was so amazing to me how well this film fit together having four different actors play one character. I hope this movie gets the attention that it deserves and applause to Heath for his great accomplishments in his short career. I'm giving The Imaginarium of Dr Parnassus 3.5 stars.
No comments:
Post a Comment