I really have wanted to watch this since it came out and couldn't ever get to the theater to do so. So YAY for a boyfriend that get free rentals before the movie comes out! The Soloist is based on a true story about Nathaniel Ayers, a former Julliard student, and Steve Lopez a journalist for the Los Angeles Times. Steve meets Nathaniel who is now homeless and only playing a violin with 2 strings and becomes very interested in his life. He wants to know what can make someone go from Julliard to living on the streets. I really liked this movie and can't quite understand why it got such negative reviews. I'm very thankful that I don't live the life of the L.A. homeless, it makes all of our little problems seem simple to deal with compared to what they go through everyday. I'm giving it 4 stars. They do say the F word but I really don't remember much swearing besides that.
I also saw Funny People and I won't give a review on that because I was really disappointed. I can handle the language but it was way over the top and it wasn't nearly as funny as I was hoping. So it gets 2.5 stars. Watch The Soloist instead.
1 comment:
I really wanted to see the Soloist. Now I have something to get at Redbox. Thanks for the review.
-Holly
Post a Comment