On Friday I went to see Ponyo which is another of Hayao Miyazaki film. If you are unfamiliar with his films they are Japanese films that have been Americanized, so they are a little out there, but good none the less. Ponyo is a "goldfish" that wants to be a human and goes to the surface where she meets Sosuke. The problem is that a human must show he loves her or the earth will be unbalanced. So basically a version of The Little Mermaid but more complex. I really enjoyed this movie and it's not too often that there are G rated movies now days. My recommendation is to watch some of the other Miyazaki films and if you like them to go see Ponyo. I give Ponyo 3.5 stars.
Sunday, August 16, 2009
The Cheese Review
On Friday I went to see Ponyo which is another of Hayao Miyazaki film. If you are unfamiliar with his films they are Japanese films that have been Americanized, so they are a little out there, but good none the less. Ponyo is a "goldfish" that wants to be a human and goes to the surface where she meets Sosuke. The problem is that a human must show he loves her or the earth will be unbalanced. So basically a version of The Little Mermaid but more complex. I really enjoyed this movie and it's not too often that there are G rated movies now days. My recommendation is to watch some of the other Miyazaki films and if you like them to go see Ponyo. I give Ponyo 3.5 stars.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment