Friday, May 1, 2009

The Cheese Review


And so it has begun ..... Midnight Summer Movie Madness! As most of you know Wolverine is in theaters today and what kind of movie reviewing cousin would I be if I didn't have a review for you for the weekend. I've been pretty excited about Wolverine. Not only is it the kick off to the summer, part of the X-men movies we all know and love, but it has a really good slew of actors and gives us a background on Jimmy aka Logan aka WOLVERINE! As I listen to movie reviews this morning they were giving it fairly low ratings! I completely disagree. I thought is was interesting to see where it all started and work our way to the first X-men. It starts with Jimmy being very ill and his friend Victor keeping an eye on him. It jumps into the action quite quickly and we find out that Jimmy and Victor are more than friends they are brothers and they both have mutant tendencies. It then goes through them on the run and all of the wars that the have participated in through the many years, always watching out for one another. When Striker a U.S General learns of their mutation he brings them on the an elite group of men with mutations to be on special missions for the government. We now know that Jimmy is now known as Logan. He wasn't the type that was into the killing of innocent people and for that reason left the group and started a life of his own. As it goes on, everyone that he thought he could trust was using him for another purpose and it creates a very vengeful Logan. So that he can defeats his enemy Striker injects him with the metal that makes him the Wolverine we all know. I was really impressed with how past pace and never a dull moment that this was. Usually with the background story they are focusing so much on making sure the story is told that they loose the entertainment value. Heather I'm warning you now they aren't very nice to Hugh in this movie, they beat him up frequently and treating him like an animal. But on the upside we do get to see a naked Hugh jump down a waterfall. I'm giving Wolverine 4 stars. A great start to Midnight Summer Movie Madness.

2 comments:

Cousin said...

Thanks for the review, Chelsey! I am sad to hear that Hugh is constantly being beat up. I noticed that in the tidbits I have seen on TV. I hope he puts them in their place though. I can't wait to see it! -Heather

The Meaghers said...

THAT WAS TOTALLY WICKED!!!
Love it! One of the best of the series. Yes, more Gambit...hopefully next time.
-Holly