Monday, April 20, 2009

The Cheese Review


This weekend I went to see 17 Again. When I first heard about this movie I was hesitant to see it because well I'm not a big Zac Efron fan. But the more and more I saw previews the better it looked. I'm glad I saw it, it was fairly funny. Mike O'Donnell (aka Zac E and Matthew P) is in the middle of a divorce, his kids aren't that close to him and his job is going for a more young and attractive staff. He goes back to high school to look at the "Glory Days" when he was the basketball star before it all slipped away. Later on that evening he falls off a bridge to help rescue a man who befriended him at the school and finds himself 17 again. It's a very classic Big and Freaky Friday story line but I didn't find this one as depressing at the changing point as those ones do. There are also some pretty funny Lord of the Rings references that were totally out of the blue and yet really funny. My downfall to this movie is the teenage girls who have "THE HOTS" for Zac Efron and were in the theater. Girls is his cute but he can't hear you giggling and confessing your love for him, it's just a movie. I give 17 Again 3 stars, I'll own it when it comes to DVD.

No comments: