Last night I went to see StT. In the spirit of Damon's blog giving direction to people about how to behave at concerts, I feel this should be more of a commentay on the audience than a movie review. Since the audience was so distracting, I couldn't get fully into the movie.PEOPLE: If you are going to see a movie in a theater, don't constantly pull out your cell phone or black berry to check it for messages. It is really distracting trying to see a Block Buster Hit movie when the theater is a glow with LCD screens like stars in the night sky!
My other audience gripes are small... I will save that Blog for Summer. She is the queen of "Why do these people always sit by me" at the movies.
Ok, now for Shrek:
It was great. Some real laugh out loud moments. I went to the Shrek web page and the trailer on the web page shows all of the funny parts. I don't think it was as good as Shrek II. I heard rumors they are already working on Shrek IV. My favorite part is when Shrek has nightmares about becoming a dad, and the entire swamp is filled with little Ogre babies! The rest of the movie was a giant character stew. And I thought Merlin was a waste of animation!
I was really disappointed in the princesses. I wanted them to be smoken' hot butt kicking babes. They were pretty average. Except Snow White does sing Led Zeppelin. Because they were able to have a fairy tale princess sing LZ the movie gets two thumbs up!
-Holly
3 comments:
Was the movie as crude as the previews suggest?
Heather
Heather, yes there were some adult themes, but I don't think as bad as the first Shrek.
Holly I agree with the whole audience thing only my issue was people not turning off their cell phones and letting them ring, and parents not being able to control their children! We had a LARGE hispanic family sit behind us with like 10 kids and they ran up a down the isles and kept hitting me and my friend in the head the whole movie! I wanted to say something but "apparently" the couldn't speak english! Damn illegals! Then when little kids would cry parents wouldn't take their children out of the theatre to cry they would just stand off to the side! I guess that is what you get when you go to a 630 showing the day it comes out! Both my friend and I realized we would have enjoyed the movie more if we would have went to the 9 or 10 o'clock showing! But to review the movie 2 ogre sized thumbs up, I loved Merlin and then there was a part when Fiona and the princesses were going through a seacret passage and when Fiona moved the wall over I started laughing so hard, no one else in the theatre saw it cause no one was laughing, all I will say is pay attention to the wall! Well I would love the privledge to review Pirates, I will be at a midnight showing at the District in south jordon it's apparently the nicest theatre in utah I am way excited!
Amanda
AJ is right...about all, including illegals. Shrek I was way more crude. I guess I missed the Wall part. Will have to see it again. We went to the 6:30 show too. Will have to go to later shows from now on.
-Holly
Post a Comment