Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The Cheese Review

Since we have been seeing movies every weekend since Wolverine released in May, thought we might pitch in on "The Cheese Review".
Due to an unfortunate baby shower misunderstanding, I missed seeing UP. (Really I wasn't too excited to see it anyhow.) Matt went to the movie and LOVED IT!!!! He said it was better than Cars! "One of the best love stories ever!" He said he cried three times. (I have only seen Matt cry at a few movies...Finding Neverland was one of them. He is still a tough macho man even though he cries at movies...sometimes.)
UP is awesome, or so I am told. Looking forward to seeing it this weekend hopefully!

Since I was bugged that I missed UP, Matt took me to the movies Saturday night. We saw Night at the Museum 2. Um...it wasn't that great. I am sure kids would like it, but it wasn't very exciting. Watching an episode of River Monsters was more intense than NATM2. There were so many ways this movie could have great, but it just fell short. There was a small part with Darth Vader and then we didn't see him at all after that. They could have really worked the Darth Vader thing. (wonder if it was because they would have had to pay George Lucas big $$ ?)
So...bleah...it was kind of flat and I wished we would have rented it for $2 instead of spending $21 at the movies.

We have also seen:
Wolverine - Awesome!
Star Trek - Awesome!
Terminator (4?) - Pretty cool and fun for fans of the Terminator series.
Angels and Demons - Two thumbs up!
In the coming weeks we will be seeing: Land of the Lost, Moon, My Life in Ruins, Year One, TRANSFORMERS!!! (So Excited!), Ice Age and Harry Potter. After that it is pretty slow until the Fall.
-Holly

1 comment:

Cousin said...

Holly I would have to disagree on Night at the Museum 2. I loved it! Lighthearted and exciting at the same time. I laughed a lot! Great Kids movie! I will agree on Star Trek, anyone if you haven't seen it GO! Not a Trekkie at all and loved this film! Wolvie great! But after seeing Star Trek I am rating that movie best of the year so far! WE still have Potter and Transformers to look forward to!
AJ