I want to put together a 'Cousin Move Night Cook Book."
Here is the idea:
Get all our favorite family recipes together and print them up for a cookbook for all to have!
If you are on board:
Email me some, most or all of your favorite family recipes. Now these don't have to be 'Liddiard' side exclusive. They can be from anywhere. New or traditional. Just so long as you have tried them out and they are keepers!
(Mmm...just think of Great Grandma Liddiard's oatmeal cookies or Marj rolls or crab dip or some delicious meat dish...Kaylee I'm lookin' at you.)
Details:
You can take your time on this project. No stress. I am thinking assembly in October so they will be ready for Christmas.
Not quite sure on the format. (If anyone has ideas or has done this before let me know.) Right now I'm just be gathering the recipes.
Adult participation is of course welcome and encouraged. (Yes, I know technically we are all adults...but not considered as such in the family aspect.)
I will put up a reminder on the blog so you won't forget about it. October seems like a long time away but will be here before we know it!
I will put up a reminder on the blog so you won't forget about it. October seems like a long time away but will be here before we know it!
Boring details and back story of the original idea...
When Matt and I were first married I discovered my little 3x5 card file of recipes I had collected in college was not going to feed us for the next 40 years. When I thought of what to make for dinner every day or a treat for the weekend my thoughts would go back to something Mom or Grandma would cook. At the last minute I would be on the phone desperately trying to find Mom to get her recipe for such and such. When I couldn't track her down I called Grandma, when I couldn't find Grandma I would call Summer. Finally I thought "This should all be in a cookbook." Someone in the Liddiard clan has surely or will soon come face-to-face with this same dilemma. What a better way to solve the problem than with a compiled work of the most enjoyed meals growing up.
I am still calling Mom asking for one recipe or another. On one hand it is a good excuse to talk for a few minutes on the other hand I am probably interrupting something important going on in the craft room!?

2 comments:
Holly I love this idea, I will definitely be sending recipes. I love to cook!
~Cheese
Fab idea!! Recipes will soon be coming your way!
Post a Comment