
I thought it would be nice to comment on the loss of President Hinckley. If you would like to put down your thoughts and feelings about the life of a truly wonderful man, please feel free.
President Hinckley was called as a prophet in March of 1995. In December of 1994 Mom wanted our family to go to church full-time, especially if I wanted to hold the priesthood. In January of 1995 we started going to the 3rd ward where we have been ever since. So, needless to say, President Hinckley was really the only prophet I have ever known. I admired his wit so much. So often when watching conference it would become very boring, but you knew that when President Hinckley talked, you were definately going to laugh. I loved hearing his testimony. Never was there words more true. I'm so grateful for the opportunity to have him in my life, and he will be greatly missed. I know that there was a very special reunion in Heaven yesterday, and our Church will continue on in his and the Lord's great work.
-Jared
3 comments:
I wanted to share my thoughts and feelings on President Hinckley's Death. As Jared said he was the only prophet that our family really got to know. He truly was a man of God and always brought such a peaceful spirit around whenever he spoke, and always made the youth of the church feel welcome unto the Lord. While I am in shock at his death, I'm not really feeling much sadness because I know that he is being well taken care of now and he is with his sweet wife and our Heavenly Father. President Hinckley was a great man and I will miss his spirit, but I am so grateful for all that he has taught me. He will always be in my heart.
~Cheese
Thanks Jared and Chelsey for your great testamonys of Pres. Hinckley. It was really good of you to write such sweet messages for all of us to read. It is also good to take time to remember such a great man. I am sure things in Utah will be pretty solom, but I bet his funeral will be full of humor and bright hope. Like he always was. Looks like we will have a new Apostle called in April as well. And it will be interesting the direction President Monson takes the Church.
God bless President Hinckley!
-Holly
President Hinckley will be reveered as on of the greatest prophets of our dispensastion his work to double temples and PPE will be part of his legacy, I will miss his sense of humor and unfailing testimony and witness of the Savior he is happy now I know it! I bet he is having the best time in the Spirit World right now! I will miss him so much but am looking forward to where President Monson will take us!
AJ
Post a Comment