Hola cousins I have actually seen two movies and forgot togive my review. First I'm going to give a little background story to my movies. Within thelast year I felt that I had seen a lot of shoot 'em up movies or bloody movies and decided it was time to take a stand. Jordan and I made deal that before he could go see Sweeny Todd we had to go see two non bloody movies, and so I did. The first of the movies was Juno, which I already gave my review. Next was P.S. I Love You!

Even though Jordan said that the was just a movie, I really enjoyed it. It was a very good chick flick that gave you warm fuzzies inside. Plus it had really attractive guys to look at. The premise of the movie is that Hilary Swank's husband Gerald Butler had a brain tumor and dies before they really got to live their lives. to help her get over him, he wrote her letters and delivered them to her in ways she wouldn't expect and dared her to try new things in each letter. There were a lot of really touching moments in this movie and made you thinkof how you treat others around you. I give this movie 4 out of 5 for being a chick flick movie that although is sad still leaves you feeling good about yourself and teaching you life lessons.

Next we saw Sweeny Todd....a very bloody movie. Johnny Depp did a really good job in this movie and it is understandable that he won the Golden Globe for his role. Even this movie was a slit throat type of movie it wasn't too bad cause the approach they chose for blood didn't always look real. In case you don't know about Sweeny Todd, he is wrongly sent to prison and returns 15 years later to her that his wife is dead and daughter is with the judge that convicted him. With the help of crazy Helena Bonham Carter he begins slitting throats to kill those that come to his barber shop, then she grinds them up into her meat pies. I did like this movie besides I think they could have found some better actors for some of the little parts. I give it 4 out of 5 for beign a bloody movie that didn't disturb me.
No comments:
Post a Comment