
Hey cousins I'm back with yet another movie review, this time for 27 Dresses. Katherine Heigel plays a lady named Jane who discovers her calling in life is to be apart of weddings. At the most recent wedding she meets Kevin, played by James Marsen(aka Cyclops from X-men), who discovers that she has been a bridesmaid more than once or twice, but despises marriage and she is turned off by him right away. While Jane is not doing her bridesmaid service she works for a company with an owner she is in love with, and everyone knows it but him. At a work party Jane goes to tell him how she feels but is caught in the middle of him and her sister Tess. All of this leading up to Tess and her boss getting engaged, leaving Jane to plan everything.
It was a fairly good matinee movie, which is exactly when I saw it. I wouldn't rush out to see this one. While it is funny and charming, it reminds me a lot of 13 Going on 30, which I absolutely love, but would watch more in the comfort of a couch or bed than movie seating. Just like 13 Going on 30 has its "Thriller", 27 Dresses has it fun with "Benny and the Jets." I give it a 3 out of 5.
1 comment:
I liked this movie. Although it could do without the swearing and sex scenes, it was a fun show. Benny and the Jets was definetely funny. Didn't realize that was Cyclops. It was a lot more enjoyable to see his face. (Best news of all is that the Payson theater now has Cold Stone ice cream. You get a pint for $4.95, cheaper than if you bought it at Cold Stone and just as delicious.)
Heather
Post a Comment