It's the 4th of July weekend so that means there must be a Transformer movie out. Even though it run about 2.5 hours I really was entertained throughout. First off I'll start by saying that it's better than the second. I liked the second but there was a lot in there that was pushing for a chuckle. In Dark Side of the Moon they go over how the moon landing was so that they could get information on the ship that had crashed landed there after it was shot trying to escape Cybertron. Truly without Mikaela there it had a lot more of a story line. Being that Sam's new girl works for a company that plays a big part in the Autobot vs Decepticon. So it's more than just a college love story. Also another reason why it's so much better is that Sam's parents are only in it for about 5-10 minutes. There is a lot more fighting that can run a little long but it's still entertaining to watch. I will have to say that there was a few scenes that could have been shortened because they were just "cameo appearances" which let's be honest we don't really need. The new footage of the Moon Landing was really cool because they tried to make it so that the Presidents were involved making more real life than just playing old footage. Overall I give Transformers: Dark Side of the Moon 3.5 stars. Best Movie of the Summer, probably not, but it's worth seeing to redeem the Transformer name. Go see it if you like the first two, but make sure you bring your tissues. There were a couple a times I got a little verklempt.
Sunday, July 3, 2011
The Cheese Review
It's the 4th of July weekend so that means there must be a Transformer movie out. Even though it run about 2.5 hours I really was entertained throughout. First off I'll start by saying that it's better than the second. I liked the second but there was a lot in there that was pushing for a chuckle. In Dark Side of the Moon they go over how the moon landing was so that they could get information on the ship that had crashed landed there after it was shot trying to escape Cybertron. Truly without Mikaela there it had a lot more of a story line. Being that Sam's new girl works for a company that plays a big part in the Autobot vs Decepticon. So it's more than just a college love story. Also another reason why it's so much better is that Sam's parents are only in it for about 5-10 minutes. There is a lot more fighting that can run a little long but it's still entertaining to watch. I will have to say that there was a few scenes that could have been shortened because they were just "cameo appearances" which let's be honest we don't really need. The new footage of the Moon Landing was really cool because they tried to make it so that the Presidents were involved making more real life than just playing old footage. Overall I give Transformers: Dark Side of the Moon 3.5 stars. Best Movie of the Summer, probably not, but it's worth seeing to redeem the Transformer name. Go see it if you like the first two, but make sure you bring your tissues. There were a couple a times I got a little verklempt.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment