Sunday, March 22, 2009

Cheese Review

Alright here is an update on the 40 Must See Movies of 2009. I have now seen 3 of the movies that are on the list. Usually I wouldn't review R rated movies on the blog but since they are apart of the list I'll let the rest of you know why.

I recently went to see Watchman and I Love You, Man. Out of the 2 movies definitely I Love You, Man was the one I would rather watch. Not that Watchman was a bad movie I'm just not a fan of those movies that jump from past to present to future, and this did it A LOT! I know that the comic book movies do this on a regular basis to give the behind story, I just felt that this was over excessive. Watchman also wasn't afraid to make sure they earned that R rating either, if there is a reason why a movie is R you can find it here. I don't know that I would watch this again but it was a good movie. I'm glad I saw it so that I could review it for all my cousins. Overall I would give it a 2.5 stars, I think that this is a movie that is more entertaining for those that know their comic books and are used to that format.

Next, I Love You, Man. I've wanted to see this movie since I saw I preview back in November. Paul Rudd is such an amazing comedic actor and I love his movies. Of course this one didn't disappoint, I laughed a lot. Paul Rudd is getting married to Karen from The Office and she has 6 bridesmaids while he doesn't even know who to have for a best man, let alone groomsmen. So he sets out to find a Bro. There was a lot of things that made this such a good movie, it took why girl need their girlfriend and why a guy needs to have that go to guy that he can hang out with. This movie was the complete opposite as to why it received the R rating, language and crude humor. Which I can handle more than nudity and people getting limbs blown off. I give I Love You, Man 4 stars. It was a good comedy that didn't try and push how far they could go.
I believe that these movies were on the list for the reason that with Watchman, it was the next comic book effort that isn't a good as say Batman but better than the first Hulk. Whether it should have been as high on the list as it was, to me, no but I didn't make the list.
As for I Love You, Man, it was the first comedy of 2009, that isn't gender specific. It wouldn't have been able to compete with the Summer Movies but it's leading us into them.
Forgot what is on the list? Click HERE

2 comments:

The Meaghers said...

Cheese-
Thanks for the review. You should start a list on the side of the blog with the 40 movies and your rating next to them. Then we would have a running list on the blog of what is happening with the 40 must sees.
Just and idea-r.
-Holly

Cousin said...

Good Idea Holly...you're a genius!

~Cheese