Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Batman Cast Interviews

Hey Cheese here, and I was doing some surfing the web the other day for some information on when The Dark Knight will be released on DVD. In my search I stumbled upon some pretty funny interviews with the cast and thought I would share them.

This first one is from Christian Bale back in March when being interviewed about upcoming Batman films, yes that is right films with a "s".
Don’t expect to see Robin either. Christian Bale is not keen on the idea at all. On the press tour he remarked, “If Robin crops up in one of the new Batman films, I’ll be chaining myself up somewhere and refusing to go to work.”
Second is from Michael Caine. He makes me laugh so much, they couldn't have picked a better Alfred for this series of movies.
“They’ve already got them in mind,” said Caine, when asked who he’d like to see take up arms against the Caped Crusader. “It’s Johnny Depp as The Riddler. And The Penguin is Philip Seymour Hoffman. I read it in the paper.”
So Caine is like the rest of us, reading gossip in the tabloids, right? Except for one thing…according to the actor, he confirmed the news through the studio itself.
“When Christopher [Nolan] said we were going to do ‘The Dark Knight’ next, I didn’t what that meant in Batman terms,” related Caine. “I said, ‘What’s the story?’ and he said The Joker. I said, ‘Oh, s–t! How are you going to top Jack [Nicholson]?’ He said, ‘Well, I’ve cast Heath Ledger. And I went ‘Ha! I couldn’t top Jack, but if anyone could, maybe Heath could.’ And he did.
“I was with [a Warner Bros.] executive and I said, ‘Are we going to make another one?’ They said yeah. I said, ‘How the hell are we going to top Heath? And he says ‘I’ll tell you how you top Heath — Johnny Depp as The Riddler and Philip Seymour Hoffman as The Penguin.’ I said, ‘S–t, they’ve done it again!’” [Laughs]
Finally Aaron Eckhart, his comments are on the returning of Two Face and what would have been a return of the Joker.
CS/SHH!: Is Harvey Dent alive?Aaron Eckhart: No. He is dead as a door nail.
CS/SHH!: So he’s not coming back?
Eckhart: He ain’t coming back baby!
CS/SHH!: I was hoping he would.
Eckhart: No. I asked Chris [Nolan] that question and he goes, “You’re dead” before I could even get the question out of my mouth. “Hey Chris, am I?” “You’re dead!” Alright, cool.
CS/SHH!: That’s not a problem in comic book movies. You could still come back.
Eckhart: I think in contract negotiations it’s a problem.
CS/SHH!: So you were never signed on for another film?
Eckhart: No, I’m not coming back. I think unfortunately, Heath [Ledger] was supposed to go on and that didn’t work out. I’m nobody. I’m a cog. I have no say over this sort of stuff. I’m sure that there’s so many other characters that they could whip together. I heard Angelina Jolie was going to be Catwoman or something like that. I thought that was a great idea. I’d like to be in that one.
I haven't been able to find any interviews or articles posting that would have Catwomen played by Angelina Jolie. I think she play the part divinely but I don't think they will put more than two villains in these newer movies. They're smarter than that.
So some of these are minor spoilers if they actually end up being true. Below is a poster that a fan has made if the Riddler were to be in the next film. How cool would it be if this is one they actually used.

No comments: