Thursday, January 22, 2009

Curious?

We went to see Benjamin Button last week.
Matt really enjoyed it and thought it was a great movie.
Me...not so much.
It was Forrest Gump with old Brad Pitt instead of mentally challenged Tom Hanks. They both live in Alabama and have gobs of family money, they tell their own story, they both grow up to work on a boat, both love their 'Mommas, and they both have a slutty slut love interest who has a their baby. Yep, same move. The song remains the same.
Make-up is pretty cool. Deserves its Oscar nod for that.
I think they should have changed the title to Benjamin Gump...or Forrest Button.

2 comments:

Cousin said...

Funny that you should compare the two movies, because last night on the red carpet for the SAG awards they did the same thing. Granted they didn't use the term slutty slut, they replaced it with "free spirited". But the same guy wrote both screenplays so there in lies the simalarities.

~Cheese

Cousin said...

I'm going to have to disagree. I thought this was an amazing movie! Yes, it is similar to Forrest Gump, but it never bothered me. I thought Cate Blanchett was absolutely amazing, as was Brad Pitt. Slutty slut is certainly not a phrase that crossed my mind while viewing. If it were up to me, I would vote for this for Best Picture. But, I guess we are all entitled to our opinions.

Jared