
Over the weekend we saw Jumper and Spiderwick. I was interested to see if Hayden Christensen could really act, so we saw Jumper first. Well, I was pleasantly surprised...he can act and not like a big wimp. I was happy we were not subjected to two hours of Anakin Skywalker sulking about how bad his life is...no, this is an entirely different move. So that was the first plus of the move, the second...really cool special effects! However that is about all it has to offer. I heard someone review this movie as "Empty", and that is exactly what it is...empty. It could have been such a great show, but there were too many plot lines left unexplained. If they would have spent as much time on the script as they did on the effects this probably would have been one of the top movies of the year. (Rent...or wait for it to come to TBS)

Spiderwick left me lukewarm. I didn't love it or dislike it. It was just ok. I think Matt liked it a lot better than I did. It was better than The Dark is Rising, but of course not as good as Harry Potter. About the same as Bridge to Terabithia. They were not lacking at all in effects or cinematography. No corners were cut on the mystical creature end of things. It is a good movie for the kids...maybe a little scary in some parts. If you don't mind listening to three kids and their mom fight and yell at each other constantly...than you could probably make it through this one. (Rent)
No comments:
Post a Comment