
So I went to see Dan in Real Life over the weekend and wasn't too excited about going but I was happy I did. As much as I love to laugh at the funny men of our our day it is always good to see them in a semi-serious role. This reminded me a lot of The Truman Show and Stranger Than Fiction. While Steve Carrell still does some pretty funny things there were parts in this movie that I almost wanted to cry. The story line is that his wife died a few years earlier and he is left to raise their 3 daughters. The four of them are going to a family get together in the woods and they are all mad at their dad for one reason or another. Dan ends up meeting a lady in the bookstore and they have an instant attraction. The only trouble is that when he arrives back at the cabin he finds that the women he was attracted to is his brother's new girlfriend. This movie is a real winner and a very mild PG-13, I never really noticed much swearing and it has good family message. Two thumbs up for DAN!
-Cheese
No comments:
Post a Comment